December 24, 2009

Suddenly, love this song!

The Other Side Of The Door

In the heat of the fight I walked away

Ignoring words that you were saying

Trying to make me stay

I said, 'This time I've had enough'

And you've called a hundred times

But I'm not picking up

Cause I'm so mad I might tell you that it's over

But if you look a little closer


I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you

To stand outside my window throwing pebbles

Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'

Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more

And don't you leave cause I know

All I need is on the other side of the door


Me and my stupid pride, sitting here alone

I'm going through the photographs

Staring at the phone

I keep going back over, things that let us down

And I remember the slamming door

And all the things that I misread

So baby if you know everything

Tell me why you couldn't see

That when I left I wanted you to chase after me


Yeah, I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you

To stand outside my window throwing pebbles

Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'

Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more

And don't you leave cause I know

All I need is on the other side of the door


And I'll scream out the window

I can't even look at you

I don't need you but I do, I do, I do

I say, "There's nothing you can say to make this right

I mean it, I mean it"

What I mean I


I said, "Leave," but baby all I want is you

To stand outside my window throwing pebbles

Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'

Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more

And don't you leave cause I know

All I need is on the other side of the door

With your face and the beautiful eyes
And the conversation with the little white lies

And the faded picture of a beautiful night

You carry me from your car to the stairs

And I broke down crying, was she worth this mess?

After everything and that little black dress

After everything I must confess, I need you


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment